This process will configure the printer for brand new toner. Once it says toner low, you can reset it and just print until it runs dry, instead of replacing the toner when you still have prints remaining.
- Get to the home screen, if you are stuck at the "Toner Low" or "Replace Toner" message, just press the red X
- Press the FAX button on the touch screen. This is ONLY to light up the numbers so you can....
- LOCATE and only locate, don't press, the * (asterisk) button. You know where it is now, somewhere to the right of the Red X button
- Press the glowing home button to get home.
- Open the top as if you were going to change the toner, but don't remove any toner
- With the top open, press and hold the now UN-LIT * (asterisk) button for at least 5 seconds
- While KEEPING the lid open, the toner reset menu will show on the screen
- Reset your "low" or "empty" toner by pressing the color and type to reset, all with the lid open
- close the lid and wait about 40 seconds per toner that was reset (ie. 80 seconds if you reset 2, 120 seconds if you reset 3)
For various other MFCs the instructions are as follows:
- Open the front cover of the printer (to access cartridges, or like you are changing cartridges).
- With the cover open, simultaneously press the Back and Cancel (X) buttons. Then, press only the Back button. It may take several tries for this to work and for the reset menu to appear onscreen.
- Scroll through the menu to select a color and yield to reset.